- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 9.05 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 10.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the participants of the project "Students - to the Government".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the round table discussion "Transatlantic Response to Russia’s Hybrid Actions".
Minister Linkevičius opens Lithuania-Jordan business forum, meets with Jordan’s Minister of Industry, Trade and Supply
On 4 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Industry, Trade and Supply of Jordan Yarub Qudah, who is visiting Lithuania for the first time.
The Ministers opened a high-level Lithuania-Jordan business forum in Vilnius. They also discussed prospects for the development of bilateral economic cooperation and the possibility of increasing the volume of trade in high technology products, electronics, food, textiles, chemical products, logistics services, and information technology products, etc.
“Although relations between Lithuania and Jordan are not intensive at the moment, there is certainly no lack of common interests and potential for both sides. Thus, it would be good to fully tap into the potential,” said Minister Linkevičius.
The Minister of Industry, Trade and Supply of Jordan is accompanied by the country’s business mission consisting of heads of the Jordan Chamber of Commerce and representatives of companies, who are interested in cooperation in the fields of chemistry, medicine, food industry and tourism. The Jordanian business representatives are holding meetings with representatives from Lithuanian companies and will visit Vilnius Tech Park. The Jordanian business mission to Lithuania was organized by the Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Jordan. The public organization Enterprise Lithuania contributed to the business mission and organised the business forum in Lithuania.
Lithuania seeks to strengthen its bilateral cooperation with Jordan not just in the field of business. In 2017, Lithuania and Finland won the EU Twinning project “Capacity building of public security directorate/borders and residence department” in Jordan. Thus, experts from the two countries will contribute to strengthening public security organs in Jordan. The EU Twinning project will begin in 2018.